- Application of Cognitive Analysis to Web Design: Can we design and
adapt multimedia web pages suited to individual cognitive styles?
- Expressive Communications: The detection of emotion from e-text, and
display of emotive images. Applications include chat, stock markets,
- e-business: Scalability of web servers: Does your web server perform
and does it scale well with future expansion?
Wireless LAN Communications
- MAC level performance optimization of wireless protocols. The
application of Markov chains in 802.11 in order to predict
throughput and delay.
- TCP/IP Performance of wireless LANs
- Design of Optical Fibres and Optical Fibre Components: The modeling of
optical fibres and components using equivalent circuits.
- Inverse Scattering Techniques applied to Fibre Optics: Design of
filters and components can be achieved in the time domain and/or the
frequency domain using Inverse scattering and layer peeling techniques.
Optical Wireless Communications (Indoors and Outdoors)
- Indoors: IrDA Protocol analysis and optimization: Examine the
performance of Multi-Gbit/s short range wireless links.
- Outdoors: Optical Access using optical wireless. Protocol performance
for duplex and simplex operation.
Back to My Home Page